Office Communication Server (OCS) 2007 R2 has finally been announced. There are many great and new features that have been announced and the full link can be found here:
The big ticket items include:
- 64-Bit Operating System Required (Windows 2003 sp2 or Windows 2008)
- The migration process is just that - a migration - so you will have to install a 64-bit operating system, install OCS 2007 R2, and then import or migrate your users into the new OCS environment
- Dial-in Audio Conferencing
- Allows an external number to be called - a bridge number - so parties with only phone access can join a Live Meeting or a Conferencing Bridge
- Group Chat
- A persistent chat window, much like a newsgroup or forum, where individuals can ask questions, see past messaging, etc.
- Secretary/Admin Console
- Now one person can see and field calls using OC using the new Attendant Console. The admin will also be able to modify their delegate's status
- Response Groups
- Think of a call center or help desk - this feature will be a hunt group using variables defined by the admin per group
- Single-number Reach
- Allows a single number to automatically call on OC person based off of location and availability
As I see and hear more, you can find out about it here!